<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2003-09-30

Currently watching: Computer monitor
Currently reading: La Tragédie grecque classique
Currently listening to: People typing on numerous keyboards
Current mood: Slightly panicky, slightly indifferent, slightly hungry, slightly headachy. To sum it all up... indecisive... sorta... perhaps

Don't know where the heck that came from. Perhaps it was something I ate. Highly unlikely as I ran out of the house without breakfast. Bad me.

Well, here I am. At school. I am proud to say this is the first post I have ever written while at school. Just thought I'd point that out. Again, I don't know why. Hmmm... I thought I had a reason for writing this post...

Oh yeah!! My reason is, as always, PROCRASTINATION!! I don't want to do school work dammit. I NEVER want to do school work. I go to classes and listen, hear interesting things and think 'Wow! That's interesting. Wouldn't it be neat to do research and read things and find out more about this interesting thing? And then maybe I could write a thesis, a series of books, make a few movies, get rich and powerful and take over all the hot men in the world.' Sounds like a great plan, doesn't it??

But then I get home and reality kicks in and all I can think of is, 'Gah... must sleep' or 'Must do lab report', or 'Oooh... SHINEY!! Must sit here and stare at the shiney thing for hours on end'. Damn shiney things. They're so seductive, they've been ruining all my great plans.

So, I was sitting around in the computer lab and thought to myself 'I don't want to work, I want to bang on my drums all day'. And now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head. Great. So, I decided to go on the 'Net and check out Lynnsey's blog. Liked her post on the snowflake. It's trippy, and I'm convinced she was on crack at the time. Not that I'm pointing a finger at her, or anything, 'cause that would totally be the pot calling the kettle black. I also went to my blog, kinda had to get the link for Lynn's blog. And I realised that the colours on this computer are CRAP!! My blog looks like *insert appropriate profanity here*! I'm kinda not happy about this. There's gonna be all these people here at school coming across my blog on the 'Net, they're gonna see it and they'll be all like 'Holy *insert appropriate profanity here*! This blog sucks. And no, I'm not just reading the title, it really is AWFUL! This chick doesn't know what she's doing, what's up with this stupid colour scheme?? My god this is utter and absolute crap!!' I mean, Jesus, I can hardly even read the posts, that's how little contrast there is between the text and background. It's really bad, and moreover IT'S NOT MY FAULT!! People out there are judging my blog and dismissing it out of hand for something that is way beyond my control. It's not fair.

And yes, in order for this rant to have an actual point, we'd have to assume that people who aren't me, Lynnsey, Carla, Tannis, Chrissy and my mom actually visit. No one at school knows this thing exists. But that's beyond the point. I feel like ranting, dammit. But I suppose I should get back to doing actual homewor... oooh... there's a shiny thing in this room. Hello shiny thing!!

On a brighter note, at least my links and everything show up where they're supposed to on this comp (see post of 2003-09-01). .......................................................... I don't want to work. I KNOW!! I'll read blog stories. And I will laugh because they are funny, and then people will look at me like I'm on crack. Which I am. And I'm not sharing. MY crack!!

And I think I'm all ranted out for the time being. Yep. I'm done. God, I really don't want to do homework...... I'm going now. Really. Bye. sigh
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?