<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2004-07-25

People may wonder why I haven't been updating my blog very much recently. I tried... I really did try. But there was this problem... one that I have never encountered. I've often read posts from my friends complaining that Blogger ate their most recent post. I've been using Blogger for over a year and have never encountered this problem. Until last week. I went to update my blog and the post got eaten. Was very not-impressed. And it took me this long to get around to even attempting to redo a post.

In not-so-recent news, I not-so-recently had an oral French test at work. You see... I am a bilingual employee, and sometimes deal with French clients on the phone. CRA has a new policy where any bilingual agent who interacts with clients on the phone must have a minimum level of 'C' in oral expression. When I had taken the test in late 2000, I had obtained a 'B'. Now, these testing scores are opposite school. A = Bad, B = Good, C = Better and E = Exempt (from ever having to take the test again). After stressing a bit and a bit of nervousness on the day of the test (Thursday, July 8th), I got a C. Yay me.

I had also not-so-recently read on Chrissy's blog that the 6th HP book is going to be called "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". This, of course, lead to discussions about who the Half-blood Prince could be... since JK already said that it is neither Harry nor Voldemort.

Me: Have you heard about the title for the new HP book?
Lynnsey: Uh... a long time ago. You suck.
Me: Yeah. So... who do you think the Half-blood Prince is gonna be?
Lynnsey: I think it'd be cool if it was Hagrid.
Me: How does that work??? (I'm slow, remember)
Lynnsey: Uh... he's half giant, half human.
Me: Ah... huh. I knew that, but I still couldn't imagine Hagrid being the Half-blood Prince. It just doesn't seem right.
Lynnsey: Who do you think it is?
Me: Meh... dunno.

Now, I personally think it would be cool if Snape was the Half-blood Prince. Don't ask me why... he's evil and sarcastic and a right bastard most of the time... but I always have the tendancy to take the evilistest, most bastardic guys in any given fandom and say... "Huh... I'm sure you're not so bad... you're probably just misunderstood!" Despisable as Snape may be, you kinda can't blame him for being that way sometimes, especially if you learn a bit more about his past. Poor, unloved bastard. "You're that freaky Stephen-King kid that every school has." I think it would be neat if he really was the half-blood prince. 'But, Theresa,' you say. 'Snape's pure-blood! That won't work.' Excuse me, but no one actually went out and said that Snape is pure-blood. Here's how the scenario works in my head.

Harry: Wow, we're really screwed now! Wouldn't it be great if the Half-blood Prince came and saved us all.
Snape: Yo! I'm here to save you all.
Harry: Uh... how does that work? You're pure-blood and you're an evil, slimey git.
Snape: Well, it turns out that I'm not pure-blood. My mum kinda messed around with our milkman, who happened to be a muggle, so, here I am!
Harry: Uh... and you're actually gonna save us? I thought you hated us?
Snape: Well, since I happen to be more special than you, I'm a bit more inclined to want to save you. That way I can gloat and mock you. So, how are things with you, Boy-who-lived-but-isn't-the-half-blood-prince? How does it feel to not be the Half-blood Prince?
Harry: ...

I also had considered the fact that it could be Hermione. Then I realised that it wouldn't work because she's not a man. Not that that stopped me from thinking it could be her. Then I remembered, she's from 100% muggle parentage.  NO MATTER!!! *insert manical grin here*

Harry: Wow, we're really screwed now! Wouldn't it be great if the Half-blood Prince came and saved us all.
Hermione: Yo! I'm here to save you all.
Harry: Uh... how does that work? You're pure-muggle, and you're a girl. You can't be a prince.
Hermione: Well, it turns out that I'm not pure-muggle. My mum kinda messed around with our milkman, who happened to be a wizard, so, here I am!
Harry: Uh... You're still a girl. You can't be a prince.
Hermione: Well, I've got something I've been meaning to tell you. I really am a man. See... I've got a penis and everything.
Ron: So when we... when I... but you said... and, in the shower... *odd gurgling noise* *Ron faints*
Harry: ...

Yeah... I scare even me sometimes.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?