<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2004-08-19

"The Key is someone who's new to this world, and Bob Barker's older than dirt"
- Glory, BtVS

What's the deal with that man? I mean, he was old when I was watching the Price is Right as a kid... now he's still alive and kicking. I'm surprised he can still remember his name!! He is so FRICKEN' old!! He can't still be alive. It's just mind-boggling.

I was watching the show today, and I remembered how, when women would get up on the show-case, they used to be all screaming and jumping around and hugging Bob like there was no tomorrow. This was a few years ago, mind you. I don't think the poor guy could handle that well.

Today, this one guy, I think his name was Les, got up on showcase. He was kinda jumping up and down, all excited. He was kinda close to Bob at the time, and I remembered thinking, actually, yelling at the TV screen "Watch out for Bob!!" Seriously, what if he'd gotten knocked over?? The man woulda broken a hip. How horrible would have that been... a dude as old as Bob being knocked-over by an over-enthusistiac contestant on national TV.

Thankfully, the dude didn't knock Bob over. But, when he won his game, he did hug Bob with a great deal of enthusiasm. Again, I yelled at the dude, "Watch out for Bob, ya idiot!! You'll break the old fart!" When Les finally let go and walked away, Bob even joked "You broke my thumb, Les!" I had to laugh, the man's funny.

By the by, Bob Barker was born December 12, 1923. Man's almost 81. Holy Crap!! And you should see all the stuff he's done. 15 Emmys, was on Price over 30 years, has a CBS studio named after him (in honour of the 5,000th Price episode), et cetera, et cetera. Bob, I lift my hat to you.

I'm not wearing a hat. Awwww... sorry Bob.

Check out this link to see some Price Is Right... A-Team style!!
http://members.aol.com/Sucka000/TvsBarker.html

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?