<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2004-09-19

Subject: Whatever it is, I hope it's not heriditary
I was out with my Father a few weeks ago, we went out to watch a movie. Stepford Wives. I can't say much for his taste in movies. Thing is; it wasn't that bad. Furthermore, I found out where I got my twisted sense of humor from. There was a part in the movie where this little robo dog was barking at the top of a huge staircase, tried to go down the stairs, ended up falling, bumping down every step and landing upsidedown. My father and I both thought it was hilarious. We were about the only people in the theater who were laughing. Certainly, no one else laughed as hard as we did.

I hope that's all I inhereted from him.

As everyone knows, there are different types of crazy. Ones that are due to psychological trauma, ones that are due to an imbalance of chemicals (both natural and non-natural) in the brain and body. There's also the type of crazy that's inhereted from a parent. Whatever my Dad has... I hope it's not heriditary. Though that may explain a few things.

He was over at our place today, putting more RAM into my computer (which is now working very well, thank you for asking). During his working, he was talking to the computer and the RAM slot. "Hello, RAM slot. Where are you now? Where are you hiding?" I asked him, jokingly, that I hoped he wasn't expecting my computer to talk back.

Still working on the computer, totally dead-pan and serious sounding, not cracking a smile, my father responds "Sometimes they do." You know that feeling when somebody says something REALLY weird or crazy or disturbing, and you're waiting for them to smile and say they're just joking... but they don't, and then you get kinda scared and worried. Yeah... that's what happened. Seconds passed, then a full minute... my Dad still didn't crack a smile. I was getting kinda worried there. To the point where I actually had to ask him; "Uh... you're kidding about that... right Dad?" He said he was... but I'm not quite sure anymore.

I now officially worry about my Dad's mental health. And I worry that I may have gotten some of the crazy-gene from him.

I was going to write about something else.... but I can't remember what it was. It must not have been important. Like anything I post here ever is. Well, later all!!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?