<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2004-09-07

Well, my first day back at Collège. *looks around* How very mundane. I could be sleeping right now. I didn't even really want to come at all today, but it would look bad if I missed the orientation for education thing at 9:30. I got here at 8:30 for a coffee and presentations thing, but the place was packed, so I didn't even bother going in. I sat in the library going over my schedule again and then went to the computer lab to type it up in a spreadsheet. Fun.

Then the education orientation thing came along. Hello, I am so-and-so... listen to this important information. The faculty of education is great, you'll all have to work hard, work together and learn to develop yourself to better prepare yourself for becoming a teacher. Being a teacher is such a rewarding profession... not that I'm biased or anything. The fact that I'm a teacher has absolutely nothing to do with this assessment. Be sure to come to your classes and to be on time. And to do your work. And here is someone else to talk about the linguistic requirements that you've all had drummed into your skulls for the past year. She will repeat them yet again, as if that will help you to pass the tests we'll put you through. And now another person. Education is interesting, it is important, you will all work hard. And now you can go. Basically, I woke up at 7:00 am to sit in a room for a half an hour and listen to people talk about how important education is and how we will all work hard. And how 40% of teachers leave their field within the first five years. Way to encourage, guys.

And now I sit here and type while I wait for the old students to come and welcome us newbies, for free food and for my class which starts at 4:00 pm and goes on `til 7:00 pm. Boo-urns.

On another note, I've discovered today that I'm a cynical bitch. Goooooooo me!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?