<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2004-09-14

Well, my first official week back at Collège. I didn't expect it to be quite this scary. Actually, education courses are a lot different than I thought they would be. So far, none of the assignments look to be too impossibly scary. Hard work, yes, a lot of work in progress, yes. I can't do any of these assignments at the last minute.

Not that I would. (*Insert innocent face here*)

There's a lot of group discussions and stuff in class. So far, only one group project. Should I be afraid of this new thing called "Group work"? I'm not exactly new to it, I guess, since science labs can kind of be considered as group work. Or partner work. Or, fucking frustrating if you have a certain lab partner who shall remain nameless (Who, by the way, I have yet to see this year. She's here, but not in any of my classes. *Insert gleeful dance here*). I've got a bit of homework to do right now, but nothing insane as of yet. Plus, unless I have camping trips or conferences, I have fridays off. YAY!!

As for the camping trip last weekend... it was funner than I expected. When I first got the letter talking about the Faculty of Education camping trip, I was thinking, "Fuck this! They can't make me go!" As I found out on my second day of school, apparently they can make me go. Unless I happen to be dying, in which case I have to talk to the doyen (dean) of the Faculty of Education and provide him with a body in a week's time. I figured it would just be easier to go to the damned camping trip. At which point, I started thinking, "Fine! They can make me go... but they can't make me have fun!!"

Apparently, they can make me have fun. I was in a group of seven people, drove alone to St.Malo and did not get lost. Yay me! They had some cool ice-breaker games and some not-so-cool games organised by the groups of students. Then there was dinner... we had to provide our own dinner while the teachers got a BBQ set up for them. So, here we are struggling with our fire and eating blackened hotdogs while our profs dine on steak. ggggrrrr. We had a larger fire at night, everyone gathered around and sang. And got drunk. Well, not me... I only sang. And I was still sober. I still don't get how they managed to make me do that. Ahh... yes. I remember. The darkness provided anonymity, the group of people singing drowned out my voice and they were singing kickass songs.

The only downer was getting to sleep that night. It was cold, and my toes froze. I was supposed to share a tent with four other people (big tent), but one person bunked somewhere else and another girl (who was really drunk) decided at 2 am that she wanted to go home and left her car behind because she was too drunk to drive. I didn't even hear her leave.

On another note, I have a kitty. My brother just brought him home one day. A cute little white kitten with a bit of brown on his back, ears and tail. Plus, he has freakishly huge blue eyes. Light, icy blue. His name is Smeagol. Yeah... like from Lord of the Rings. It's a fitting name. When his pupils dilate, he seriously looks like Gollum. My presssssssssssssscious.

And now I only have ... uh, wait... over half an hour to go get food and eat it. Hm. Maybe I can do some homework while I'm waiting. I know, everyone's shocked and appalled at the concept, for I am a notorious procrastinator. Well... I'm trying to change a new leaf or whatever the hell that expression is. I feel so stupid now... I can't for the life of me remember what the real expression is. Turn over a new leaf?? What the hell is it?!?! Well, I'm too lazy to take it out, so my friends will just laugh at me and say I'm a moron. I really need new friends.

P.S. Agenda party possibly this weekend... though it may not be the greatest time for Chrissy since she has an exam on Tuesday. Major, stressful exam. I was thinking perhaps Thursday night (I have no school Friday) or Friday night (but I have the Red River Project the next morning). Let me know what you think, ppls. Well, later all!!

P.S. Donny Darko = fucked up movie, but interesting.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?