<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2004-12-22

Today's topic: Well, at least I know it's not in mail-limbo
I did the unthinkable on dec 5th and ordered something off E-bay. Now, I usually don't buy stuff online, but I'm getting the hang of this internet thing. I found something that would be perfect for Lynnsey for Christmas. According to E-bay, shipping time should be about 7 to 14 days. The seller was optemistic and thought the gift would arrive in 7 days.
So, after 7 days, I started waiting. I didn't freak when it didn't come in right away, I figured things would be a bit slow. A few days passed and I still thought "Eh, there's plenty of time. We're not getting together until the 22nd. I've still got almost a week to get it and wrap it."
Then, over the past few days, I started getting a bit anxious. The only thing I could tell from the mail tracking system was that the package left Hong Kong on the 7th. That's a lot of help. I started to wonder if someone had come by, no one was home, they left a note and it blew away in the wind. Then I started to wonder if my present was somewhere at the bottom of the ocean.
As the days went by, I started to get more and more jumpy. A car door would slam and I'd head over to the window to see if someone with a package was walking up our driveway. I'd start to get real excited when the doorbell rang. Yesterday, my family was all like "Well, most packages are delivered on wednesdays. You'll probably get it tomorrow." Today, I was so happy when the doorbell rang... until I saw it was my sister's boyfriend. Now, don't get me wrong, I like Chad. He's a nice guy. But he didn't come bearing Lynnsey's gift. Le pout.
I finally got off my ass and phoned Customs. Maybe they decided that my gift looked suspicious and didn't want to let it into the country. I asked about it, and a very nice lady said "No, there shouldn't be a problem." Then I asked if there were major delays at customs. "No, things are usually in customs for about 4 to 5 days." No problem, I thought. That was reasonable.
Then I phoned Canada Post. Another very nice lady answered the phone. I explained my situation and asked her if she could possibly track the package. It was in Customs in Vancouver. It had been since the 11th. It still wasn't cleared for delivery. Odd... I didn't think there'd be THAT much of a delay. Oh well, Lynnsey's present will be a bit late. Nothing I can do about that. Sorry, Rin. It'll be worth the wait. I swear.
And on that note, bye all.
=========================================================================
Current mood: Cold feet, relieved that Rin's present isn't in mail-limbo.
Currently listening to: Me type.
Currently watching: Me type.
Cat's current favorite toy: The Christmas Tree. And his bear. And anything that moves. And anything that doesn't move.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?